Saturday 17 January 2015

Introduction

Hi, My name is Kayla, I am 48 years old and live in Sowerby Bridge in Halifax, West Yorks with my partner and my 17 year old son.


I have always loved baking for as long as I can remember. I used to bake with my Mum on a regular basis as a child and that love of baking has stayed with me through my adult life.

I was always a regular baker when my son was very young and we often used to bake together. I also used to use a lot of baking in my job as a Nursery Nurse as it is a great way to get kids talking about food and also teaches them about Maths and Science.

In the last four or five years I have started baking a lot more - mainly due to my partner's love of eating what I make- and have really got into cake decorating.

I do Birthday cakes for all of our family and I also bake cakes and cupcakes every week for a local cricket team.

I have just started attending college 2 nights a week and I am studying Beginner's Sugarcraft and Beginner's Royal Icing. All the knowledge and experience I have is pretty much self-taught with help from Youtube and I decided that even though some aspects of the courses will be familiar to me that I would like to learn more formally and hopefully pick up some great tips  and new friends along the way.

I will try to post every week about what I have been learning about and hopefully post some pictures of my attempts.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my blog.




Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment